Alexa Echo Dot not responding to voice
Amazon Alexa Echo has become the most trusted choice of users for smart services. The voice command feature in Alexa enables the users to execute their day to day smart tasks just with the voice input. For example, you can change the thermostat temperature, control smart home appliances, and do a lot of other things just with the voice input. However, issues like Alexa Echo Dot not responding to voice may occur and hamper the user’s experience. This issue can be very frustrating and do not let the users continue using the Alexa services. Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can follow to fix Alexa Echo Dot not responding to voice issue on your device. In this post, we are going to share some simple troubleshooting solution that can help you to fix the Echo Alexa issue.
Why is Alexa Echo Dot not responding to voice commands?
Well! There could be a number of possible reasons due to which Alexa not responding to voice commands like the poor internet connectivity, disable Alexa privacy and a lot more.
Basic Troubleshooting Solutions
Check the Microphone Button
This troubleshooting solution can help you to resolve the Echo Dot not responding problem. You need to check if your Microphone is turned or not. You can see the mic symbol present at the top of your Echo device. Hit that button and ask anything to Alexa, for example, Alexa, play my favourite song. Your Echo device should respond to the voice commands now. But, if the problem is not resolved, proceed with the next troubleshooting step.
Restart Echo Dot
- Before you proceed with the steps below, press the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Down’ button and Microphone button two times. If the device is still not responding, proceed with the steps below:
- Check if the LED is flashing blue or not. If the blue light is flashing, it means your Echo Dot is working fine but not responding only to the voice commands.
- Unplug your Echo device from the power outlet and wait for at least 30 seconds. Plugin the device again.
- Your Echo Dot device will reboot and get connected to the Wireless Network automatically. Now, you have to have for at least 2 minutes because of booting process tasks time.
Ask Alexa anything and she will respond you back.
Hard Reset Echo Dot
If none of the above-mentioned solutions helps you to fix the Alexa Echo Dot not responding to voice, problem, follow the steps below:
- Check the bottom of Echo Dot device and you will find the ‘Reset’ hole. Use a pin or paper clip to press the button and hold it for a few seconds.
- You will see that blue ring light is now turning to the orange.
- Wait until the device turns off and then turn on again.
- Your device will be reset to its original factory setting.
- Setup the Echo Dot using Alexa app.
Hopefully, with the help of these simple steps, you would able to troubleshoot Alexa not responding to voice commands problem on your Echo Dot device. All the mentioned instructions are very simple and easy to execute. But, if your problem is still not resolved, we suggest you get in touch with the Echo experts team and get the professional advice to fix the problem.