Alexa not responding
Are you trying to give the command to your Amazon Alexa device, but it is showing you an error Alexa not responding? Well! This is a very common problem with Amazon Alexa. Before you proceed to find why your Amazon Alexa is not responding to your command, you need to check and make sure that your device is getting proper power supply and has a stable internet connection. Un-plugged Amazon Alexa or improper internet connection could be the reason behind this problem. In this guide, we will be sharing some simple troubleshooting steps that can help you to troubleshoot the Alexa not responding problem. So, read the guide and get rid of this problem.
How to troubleshoot Alexa’s devices not responding to problems?
We all are aware of the issues with the Amazon Alexa device being responsive. Improper power supply, internet connection failure, outdated Alexa app- are some common reasons that trigger this problem. Fortunately, there are some simple troubleshooting guidelines that can help you with the Alexa device not responding troubleshooting. Have a look:
Enable or disable Alexa privacy
The Amazon Alexa button is present at the top of the screen. This will enable Amazon Alexa’s privacy.
- Tap the Alexa button.
- Tap the button again to start Amazon Alexa listening.
- Try to talk to Alexa
- Check the Wi-Fi internet connection
You mainly find that the Amazon Alexa device is not connected to the Wi-Fi network due to which Alexa is not working. You can troubleshoot this problem using the Alexa settings:
- Go to the settings, and choose the Wi-Fi option.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password. Remember – Your Amazon account password and Wi-Fi password are different.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi router and modem.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, restart the network.
- Now, turn off your Amazon Alexa device and then turn it on again.
- Check if any Wi-Fi router-modem firmware update is available and download for your device.
Check the Power Connection
- Check and make sure that your device is properly connected to the power source. Check the cable and make sure that there is no default or breakage. If any, you need to replace it with a new one.
- Try to plug in your device to the other power outlet. There are chances that your power outlet is not working.
Check the Device Compatibility
Your device must be compatible with the Amazon Alexa app. Below, we have mentioned the versions supported by the Amazon Alexa app.
- Android 5.1 or higher.
- ioS 11.0 or higher.
- Windows 7 or higher version.
With the help of the above guidelines, you can troubleshoot the Alexa not responding problem in your device. However, if these steps do not help you to fix the issue, we recommend you contact the Alexa experts and take their advice to fix the problem.