Alexa routines not working
Are you searching for the ‘Alexa Routines Not Working’ troubleshooting solution? Don’t Worry, this post will help you. Here, we are going to share some easy steps that can help you to fix ‘Alexa Routine Not Playing’, Alexa Routine not available or showing’, or ‘Alexa Routines Not Working’ problem. So, read on and find some simple steps to mitigate the problem.
Troubleshoot Alexa Voice Routines Not Working Problem: Easy Troubleshooting Steps
If you are giving voice commands to your Alexa and she is not responding back, try the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:
Troubleshooting Solution 1
The first thing you have to do is to check the Alexa devices connected to the routines. This means you can choose only 1 Alexa device on one created routine. So, if you are using more than one Echo device, we recommend you to have a look at connected routines to the smart devices present in the Alexa app.
Troubleshooting Solution 2
Now, you have to create the Alexa router using the Amazon Alexa app. Here are the steps to follow:
Steps to create the Alexa routine
- Go to the Alexa app and click “menu’ button. You can find this button on the top-left side of the screen.
- Choose ‘Routines’ option.
- Now, choose ‘Create Routine’ option.
- Now, create ‘Trigger’ by choosing the ‘When this happens’ option.
- Here, you will get two options: ‘When you say something’ and the other is ‘At the Scheduled time’. For ‘When you say something’ option, you have to add the specific phrase. If you want to enable this, follow the guidelines below:
- Click on the ‘’+ sign’ and then type the phrase ‘Alexa Good Morning’.
- Hit the ‘Done’ button.
- Now, choose ‘Add Action’ option and select the action.
- The action must include News, Volume, Traffic, Alexa ays, and ‘Activate Smart Home Appliances’.
- You can add the schedules time in ‘At Scheduled Time’. For example: ‘We will pickup later’.
- Choose the time when you like to activate the routine ( Any day).
- Confirm the day and time and after that, hit the ‘Done’ button.
- Try Alexa Routine.
Hopefully, the Alexa voice routines not working problem will be fixed after following the above steps. But, if the problem still exists, proceed with the next solution.
Third Troubleshooting Solution
Another possible solution for Alexa routines not working problem is to again ‘Add Smart Home Device To Alexa Routine’. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Alexa app and go to the Smart home devices.
- Choose the smart home device you would like to control.
- Choose the action that what you want your Alexa device to do.
- Hit the ‘Add’ button.
- Now, you will re-directed to the ‘Routine page’ where you can easily add the multiple actions to the routine.
- Hit the ‘Create’ button and complete the Routine.
- Check the Smart Home devices Routine.
Hopefully, after following these troubleshooting steps, your Alexa routines not working problem will be fixed. But, if not, we recommend you to contact the Alexa experts and get the professional advice for the best possible solution to the problem. The experts are available 24/7 to help you, so you can call them anytime you want.