Echo Connect Setup
Amazon Echo device comes with the all-new accessory that can turn your smart speaker into a voice-controlled speakerphone. Yes! Here we are talking about Amazon Echo Connect. Before the Echo Connect has been introduced, the users can only make calls from one Echo device to the other, just like the intercom system. But with Echo Connect Setup, users can make a call on any number in their phone address book and the landline numbers etc. Users can also place emergency and international calls with Echo Connect. If you want to know how to complete Echo Connect Setup for your device, this post can help you. Here, we are going to share all the important details you need to know about Echo Connect.
Echo Connect allows the users to connect their existing VoIP or phone line number and place a call using the Echo device. You can ask Alexa to call on any number in your phone list and Alexa will dial that number through your Echo Connect using the landline.
If you would like to complete Echo Connect Setup for your phone, you need three things.
A VoIP, phone landline, and compatible Echo device. The Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone device, so it can tell you who is calling.
How to Setup Alexa Echo Connect?
With Echo Connect and Amazon Echo device, you can ask the Alexa smart voice assistant to call anyone through the landline number at your home. Echo Connect routes the calls through your number, either the VoIP or Phone Line number so that you can easily recognise who is calling. For the Echo Connect Setup, follow the step by step guidelines below:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your device.
- Sign up for ‘Alexa Calling and Messaging’.
- Turn on your Echo Connect. First, you need to plug into the power adapter in your Amazon Echo connect and then plug it into the power outlet. The power LED present on the top will become solid if the device has a power connection.
- Connect your Echo Connect to your phone’s jack. You are supposed to plug one end of the telephone cable into the Echo Connect ( Backside). After that, plug in the other and to the Telephone Standard Jack, or WIFi router or Analogue Telephone Adapter.
- If you would like to share a phone Jack between your handset and Echo Connect, you can use the splitter included. You have to plug in the splitter to your Amazon Echo Connect. One Splitter port should be connected to the Phone jack and another port to the Home Phone.
- Complete the Wireless Setup in your Amazon Alexa application.
We hope that these simple steps can help you to complete the Echo Connect Setup on your device. All the mentioned guidelines are very simple and easy to follow. But, if you still have a doubt or there is any other query related to the Echo Connect Setup process, you can contact the expert and seek their advice to complete the setup process.