Amazon Echo Dot Registration Failure Error
Are you getting an Echo Dot registration failure error? Or your screen is showing “There was an error registering your device error 10:2:12:3:1”? When trying to register the Amazon Echo Dot device? Well! If yes then you are in the right place. In this guide, we are going to share the simple steps that can help you to troubleshoot the ‘Echo Dot Registration Failure‘ problem. There could be a number of situations in which you may encounter this error. So, in order to make things clear in a better way, we are considering the three most common situations in which you can encounter this error with their troubleshooting guidelines.
Getting Echo Dot error Registration Failure on your New Device
If you have recently purchased a new Amazon Echo Dot device and got a registration failure error while trying to complete the setup, follow the guidelines below:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Under the ‘Devices’ section, choose your device.
- Now, open any web browser on your device and go to the http://192.168.0.1/.
- Login to the admin page of your router using a valid username and password.
- Once you all logged in, go to the ‘Advanced Settings’ section under the ‘Network Logs’.
- Disable ‘DOS Port Scan’.
- Now open the Advanced Settings. Choose Setup>WAN Setup.
- Put a tick mark on a checkbox with the option “disable port scan and DOS protection”. Hit the apply button to save the settings.
Exit from the admin page and restart your modem, router along with your Amazon Echo Dot device. This will help you to troubleshoot the problem.
Getting a registration failure when you haven’t use the Amazon Echo Dot device for more than one year
When you try to register your Amazon Echo Dot device after a long, there are chances of occurrence of an error “Echo Dot Registration Failed”. In such a situation, you can follow the guidelines below to troubleshoot the issue:
Download the latest version of Amazon Alexa App
To download the latest version, you can follow the guidelines below:
Open the Amazon Alexa app.
Go to the ” help and feedback” section under the menu bar.
Go to the “User Guide>>Echo device>>Alexa device software update”.
Once you are done with the steps, please start your Amazon Echo Dot device and your problem will be resolved.
Leave Amazon Echo Dot device in Download Mode
You can leave your device in the download mode to fix this problem. Do the following:
Set your Amazon Echo Dot device to download mode.
After that, read the device in the mute mode.
Wait for at least 60 minutes.
Echo Dot Registration Failure Error after you reset the Echo device
If you are getting Echo Dot Registration Failure error when you reset or de-register your device from the Alexa Application, you can follow the steps below this problem and fix this problem:
- Cross-check your email ID that you are trying to use to register your Amazon Echo Dot device. Make sure that you are using the same Id that you have used before for the Echo setup.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings, and check if your router has a ‘guest network’ option. Enable this option
- Use the static IP address. Go to the settings menu to change the address from dynamic to Static.
- Check the downloads, if any firmware update is available, you need to install it.
- Check the network settings, there must be WPA2 mode. If the mode is set as ‘WPA/WPA2″, you won’t be able to register your Amazon Echo Dot device.
Once you are done with all the steps, proceed with the setup process. Now it’s time to log in to your Amazon Alexa app and begins the Echo Dot device setup.
In case, if you are still encountering The Amazon Echo Dot registration failure error on your device, we recommend you to contact the experts and take their assistance to find and fix the problem.