Connect Echo Dot to WiFi
The Amazon Echo Dot device is one of the best smart and value speakers available in the market. To use the Echo Dot services, you need to complete the Echo Dot WiFi setup. Setting up the Echo device is not a difficult task. Even if you are new to the Amazon Echo Dot device, you can set up and use it easily without any hassle. Here is how you can complete the Echo Dot WiFi setup and run it to take advantage of smart services.
How to connect Echo Dot to WiFi?
Do you know, you can yell at your Amazon Echo Dot if you want to, but for that, it needs to be connected to the Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, it won’t able to help you. If your Echo Dot device is not connected to the Wi-Fi, the ring light turns to red when you talk to it. The device can also tell you if there is any trouble in the connectivity. Below we are sharing the simple step-by-step guide life that can help you to connect Echo Dot to WiFi using the Amazon Alexa app:
- Start by downloading the Amazon Alexa app on your Android or iOS device. You can also download the application on your computer or Tablet.
- Now, choose ‘Devices’ present in the lower right corner.
- Press the Plus sign you can see at the top right corner, or you can press the hamburger menu present in the upper left corner.
- Click to add a device.
- Hit the Amazon Echo icon, followed by Amazon Echo Dot icon appearing on the next screen. Now, you have to press the image of the Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation device.
- Plugin your Amazon Echo Dot device to the power outlet using the power adapter you got with the device. Once you see that blue ring light has been turned to orange, your device is in the setup mode.
- Wait for a while until your Echo device appears on your smartphone and choose it.
- Now you will be guide to go to your wireless settings. Once you are there, you have to choose a network called “Amazon-XXX”. After that, get back to your Amazon Alexa app.
- Select the WiFi network to to connect your Amazon Echo Dot device.
- Choose the external speaker that your Amazon Echo Dot device will be using. If you do not want your smart speaker to connect to the external speaker, you can skip this step.
- Choose the room in which your Amazon Echo Dot device is located.
Congratulations! Your Echo Dot Wi-Fi setup is not complete. If you want to manage the Alexa WiFi settings, you can check the manual you got with your device.
The Bottom Line
Amazon Echo Dot speaker could be your great companion. It can help you to handle many day-to-day tasks smartly just by using the voice command. Along with providing the best entertainment services, Amazon Echo Dot speaker is also very popular among the users for smart home management. In order to use the Amazon Echo Dot services, you need to complete Amazon Echo Dot Wi-Fi set up on your device and for that, you can follow the instructions mentioned above. The above-mentioned steps are simple and very easy to execute. But, if you still not set up your device over the Wi-Fi network, you can contact and take their advice to fix the problem.