How do you connect Alexa to wifi?
Have you recently purchased a new Alexa device? How do you connect Alexa to the Internet? In case, you have no idea then this post can help you. In this post, we are going to share the simple steps that can help you to connect the Alexa device to a WiFi network. For connecting the Alexa device, you need a WiFi name and password in hand. Make sure that you have installed the Alexa application on your Android and iOS device before initiating the process. So, let’s proceed next and learn how do you connect Alexa to the Internet with some simple steps.
How do you connect Alexa to WiFi?
For connecting the Alexa to WiFi, you need to download and install the Alexa app. Visit the supported application store on your device and search for the Alexa app. If you have purchased the Alexa for the first time, you can follow the step by step guidelines mentioned below:
- Log in to the Alexa app using the Amazon username and password. Click on the Sign-in option.
- If promoted, then tap on the Get Started.
- Choose the name associated with the Amazon account or you can choose the option ‘ I am someone else and type the correct name’.
- You might need to give permission for accessing the contact and notifications.
- Now, tap on the Alexa menu ( three horizontal lines present in the upper left corner). When you see the drop-down menu appearing on your screen, choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add a new’ device option.
- Select the appropriate device from the provided list.
- Select the specific model you would like to set up.
- Plug your Alexa enabled device into the electric outlet and wait until it shows the right signifier mentioned in the app. In case you have already plugged in the Alexa, you need to press and hold the Action button. For example: If you want to set up the Alexa device, the ring light present on the top must be orange. Once your device is all set for the setup, you can tap on the continue button to proceed next.
- Depending upon the device, the application may ask you to connect through the smartphone Wi-Fi settings. For this, you need to follow the instructions for connecting Wi-Fi to the customized Amazon network ( for example – Amazon 75). Once your device is successfully connected, you will receive a confirmation message and the app will take you automatically to the next screen.
- You will receive a confirmation message on the screen, tap the Continue button.
- A list of available Wi-Fi networks will display itself. You need to choose the Wi-Fi network to which you would like to connect and when prompted, type the password.
- Once you have connected the device to the Wi-Fi network successfully, you will receive a message saying that your device is online.
This is How do you connect Alexa to the internet with some simple steps. In case you are having trouble in connecting the Alexa enabled device to the WiFi network, follow the steps below to fix the issue.
- Restart your router and modem.
- Restart the Alexa enabled device.
- Reset the Alexa device to its default factory settings.
- Make sure that you have entered the correct Wi-Fi password. You can do this by trying to connect some other device to the same Wi-Fi network using the same password.
- Try to update the router firmware.
- Move the Alexa enabled device closer to the router.
These are some simple steps that can help you to connect Alexa enabled devices to the Wi-Fi network. The mentioned guidelines are simple and easy to follow. But, if you still have a doubt and are wondering how do you connect Alexa to wifi, contact the experts. The team of professionals is available 24/7 to help you and give you the best advice to figure out the most reliable solution to the problem.