How to connect echo dot 3rd generation to wifi?
Do you want to know How to connect Echo Dot 3rd generation to wifi? Well! You can read the guide below to complete the connectivity process without any hassle. Amazon Echo Dot device is a smart musical speaker that you can connect to your wifi to listen to your favorite music. Echo Dot 3 can help you execute numerous smart tasks just by using the voice commands. In this guide, we are going to discuss how to connect Echo Dot 3rd generation to wifi. Read the guide and complete the connectivity process without any trouble.
Step by step instructions to connect Echo dot 3rd gen to WiFi
Before you connect Echo Dot to internet, you need to check and make sure that your Echo Dot device is properly plugged into the power outlet and after that, open the Alexa app.
- Once you open the Alexa app, go to the Navigation Panel and choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- After this, you need to choose your device and select the ‘Update WiFi’ option. If you want to add a new device to the account, you have to choose the setup a new device option.
- Now, press and hold the Action button on your Echo Dot device until the light ring changes from Blue to Orange color. After this, your smartphone device can connect to the Amazon Echo Dot. You can see the list of available wifi networks from where you can select your WiFi network.
- After you connect Echo Dot to internet, you can start using the services.
Unable to Connect Echo Dot to Internet? Here are the troubleshooting steps you can follow to fix the problem:
If your device ring light is orange, this means, your device is not connected to the network. Go to the wifi network list and connect to your wireless network. If you are unable to see the network, you can go to the settings and choose the network.
- For all the Amazon Echo devices, you need to make sure that you know the network password to connect. This password is not the same as your Amazon account password.
- Check and make sure that your router firmware is updated. If it is not updated, then update it now.
- By default, the router supports WPA+WPA2 security. If you are having the connectivity issue, you can switch the router to either WPA or WPA2 security to fix the problem.
Unable to find a network password?
- Check the bottom side of your router to know the network password.
- Check the router installation guide.
- You can view the wifi settings to which your device is already connected.
This is how you can Connect Echo Dot To Internet. All the mentioned steps are very simple and easy to follow. If you still have a doubt or you are unable to fix the problem, you can contact the experts and seek their advice to find and fix the problem. The experts will give you the best advice to mitigate the issue.