How to set up echo dot 2nd generation?
If you have recently purchased a new Echo Dot device and are confused about how to set up Echo Dot 2nd generation, then we are here to help you. Your New Echo Dot device is a gateway to the smart world of home automation where you can manage all your smart home appliances with the voice commands. So, have fun with your new virtual assistant and live a smart life. In this guide, we are going to share the simple instructions on how to set up Echo Dot 2nd generation devices. So, read the guide carefully and follow all the mentioned instructions to complete the process without any hassle. Here, you will find everything that you must know to get started with your Amazon Echo Dot 2nd generation device.
Setup Up Alexa Echo 2nd Generation device: Steps to follow:
First of all, you need to unbox the Echo Dot device and inside you will find the few items:
- Echo Dot Smart Speaker.
- A standard Micro USB cable to provide power supply to the device.
- Power Adapter to plug in to the power outlet.
- Quick Start guide with basic setup instructions that are mentioned below.
- Things to try with some Amazon Alexa commands.
Quick Setup Instructions
- Plugin in the micro USB cable into the back side of your Echo Dot device. After that plugin the end of the cable to power adapter and then into the power outlet. Make sure you place your Echo Dot in a central location at least 8 inches away from walls and windows.
- When your Echo Dot turns on, it will show you blue ring light. Wait for a few minutes and let it complete the initialization process. When you see the orange ring light on your device, it means , you are all set to get it online.
- Now, you need to install the Alexa app on your smartphone device to set up Alexa Echo 2nd generation. You can install the application from the supported app store on your device. Once you have downloaded the app, open it and sign in by using your Amazon account ( or you can create the one if you do not have an Amazon account yet). If you are already using the Amazon account, the app may pick it up automatically.
- After signing in, accept the terms and conditions. Now, you will see the list of Echo devices. Choose your device from the available options. Confirm your language and click on the ‘Connect to WiFI’ option. Hit the continue button.
- Your smartphone device will try to connect to Echo Dot automatically. If this is not working, the application will ask you to press and hold the action button on your Echo Dot device for a few seconds. Once it discovers the device, click on the continue button again.
- After this, you need to add the device to the wifi network. Click on your network name and enter the password. Once you press connect, your device will go online in sometime.
- In the last step, you need to decide how you want to hear the Echo Dot. you will get three options: Bluetooth, Audiocables, and No Speakers. Choose option as per your preference.
That’s All! These are the simple steps to setup Alexa Echo 2nd generation device. If you have any doubt or query, feel free to contact the professionals anytime you want.