How to set up Philips hue with Alexa
If you are wondering How to Setup Philips Hue With Alexa, then this guide can help you. Making a connection between Philips Hue bulb and Amazon Alexa device is fairly simple and but like to do more than just brighten or dim the lights, read this post. Here, we are going to share the step by step guidelines for How to Setup Philips Hue With Alexa. So, read and follow the steps to complete the process.
How to connect Philips hue to Alexa?
- Open the Alexa application and choose the ‘Smart Hub’ tab. You find it in the top-right side of your screen.
- Choose the ‘Plus’ symbol’ which you can find at the top.
- Press the ‘Philips Hue bridge’ button. In case, you are using the Echo Alexa Plus device, you do not need to follow this instruction because bulbs can be connected straightly to the Echo Plus. Although, we suggest you use the Hue Bridge ( and application) as it will allow you to have better control on the lights.
- Choose ‘Add Device’. After that, you see the screen appearing and tell you that ‘Alexa is finding the devices’. After that, your bulbs will be appearing the ‘Devices’ section of Alexa app.
- Group the lights with the other available smart appliances. Under “Group” tabs in the application, you can choose ‘Multiple Smart Home’ device so you can easily control the devices. You can create the smart lights to current group or you can for the new group
- If you have created scenes in the ‘Hue App’, it is easy to discover and manage the Alexa. Choose ‘Scenes Tab’, ‘Discover Scenes’, and go to the one you want.
How to Change Philips Light Bulb?
- If you have ‘Philips smart lights’ which are capable of changing the colour, you are able to manage the colours within the Alexa application.
- From the ‘Devices’ menu, choose ‘Light Color’ you would like to change. You can turn off and on the lights, change the light name, and brightness.
- Hit the ‘Set Color’ button.
- Choose a particular colour you want.
Important: The Amazon Alexa will limit you to the ‘16’ colours, If you want to try more, you can say the colours you would like to use to work with Alexa.
So, these are the simple steps that can help to add Philips Hue to Alexa device. The guidelines are very simple and easy to follow. But, if you still have a doubt or you are confused about how to set up Philips hue with Alexa, contact the experts and seek the professional advice to get the task. The experts can give you the best advice and make sure that you have the best experience using Alexa services. The professionals will not only help you with the light setup but can also suggest other useful tips that may improve your Alexa experience and let you control more devices smartly through the voice commands.